Friday, July 16

I have been (once again) lazy about actually writing this blog. I really need to keep up on my business!

I have my Peace Corps application all sent in! I am so stoked about it. They sent me my legal kit- which is kind of intense. I have to submit to a complete background check (luckily that murder charge didn't stick...) as well as get finger printed twice. Not sure about the twice thing...maybe they think the first one will be mysteriously lost on a cargo ship over the Bermuda Triangle?

This is what I imagine a Smurf's fingerprint would look like:

Either way, I felt felonious just by filling out the questionnaire! Hopefully in the next two weeks I will be contacted for an interview. That can take anywhere up to two hours. That's a long interview. I understand the rationale for such a long interview- they want to make sure that I don't decide to peace out when I realize running water and air conditioning aren't included in my two year vacation package, but it's still really intense!

I also just went to my Obama Scholar Mentor Orientation. It seems like a really cool program so I am excited to have been invited. I only have 19 credits next semester, so I think this is a good idea since I don't want to get spoiled with all that free time.

I am thinking about traveling in Europe next summer with a friend! I am trying to think of all the places I want to go, but it seems more like I should specify where I don't want to go...cause there aren't many places that fit that description. In fact...upon further reflection, I just kind of want to go everywhere. I was talking to these two women who came into my restaurant the other day and they were telling me about all the different cities and countries they had been to. Every year, they get together and decide where they want to go. then they save as much money as they possibly can. Each summer, they make a point to go - even if it is just for a few days. They have been to over 20 countries and here is the kicker: they are teachers! I guess I will have to plan accordingly!


I'll leave you with a few pictures of places I have always wanted to go:

Malaysia


Italy



Spain


Africa

4 comments:

  1. Brittany!
    I am exctited for you and your Peace Corps thing! I hope everything goes well for you in regards to that. Also, hopefully your mom will stop freaking out!

    Oh man, I hope I get to visit all these awesome places. I do not really wanna go to Africa, however. My list would be:
    Ireland
    Australia
    Italy
    Spain
    The Czech Republic
    Asia (I haven't decided what part yet..)

    Maybe we can go somewhere together someday! How awesome would that be? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks senorita!
    Those are all really cool places! It would be awesome if we could get the Pentagon to go international :D Out of curiosity- what drives you to want to check (hehe) out the Czech Republic? I mean, the fact that it was once called Bohemia is enough to make me want to go haha
    As far as Asia goes- I have wanted to go to Malaysia since the fifth grade when I did my World fair project haha It is a truly incredible country- right by Indonesia and Japan! We should def make that a destination on our international road trip haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Italia! it was the most amazing place I have been.

    &&&& I am sooo excited for the peace corp. poor shay shay maybe the only one left here in good ol' AZ. Since I too have been getting my ducklings in a row to teach in Europe for DoDDs :)

    YAY for the adventures of the Pentagone Woop Woop LOL

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is something else I would consider Alyse! It would be amazing to work for the DoD, and get that variation of travel and experience! Man, we Pentagonians are so worldly :D

    ReplyDelete